Talking with some friends through Facebook a friend who is also a fellow mom admitted she thinks she is a bad mom. Why? Her four year old wasn’t taking to potty training and still needed a paci at night. My first thought to this SO!? You do what you got to do at times. In my opinion there is no such thing as a bad mom and it would be great if everyone thought this, sadly no.
It seems once a mom becomes a mom everyone sets their expectations high for her. Who is everyone well let’s make a list:
– her mother in law ( don’t you just love them?!) grr
– her sister in law
– In Laws in general
– the pediatrician who makes you feel like crap ( though there are awesome ones out there)
– the mom who is always trying to stay a step ahead of you ( yes the one in the mommy and me classes who brags her child speaks five languages, plays chess, is potty trained completely and has an IQ of 150 all at the age of 2. If you don’t know that mom most likely it’s you!)
– the stranger in the store
– basically everyone including you!
In all reality no matter how hard you try you will never meet those crazy expectations people expect from you. With that said I am not saying just give up on being a mom. No I am just saying be you. No one will come yelling at you if your child seems to never be clean. A few dirty dishes in the sink never killed anyone. Yes the laundry can wait as you spend some goofing around time with your kids. If your child breaks their arm as long as you weren’t the one that broke it, and you got them proper treatment they will be fine.
As a friend said:
“…. At some point we all find things that work that keep everyone sane and healthy……”
As long as your child is happy you are never a “bad mom”
“My Bad Mom Moments”
– my 19 month old son still uses a bottle
– I once got drunk one night then ended up taking my 19 month old son to the E.R. a few hours later with a hangover. We suspected he swallowed pennies, turns out this time he didn’t.
-Mr C. Pees on the floor not only in our home but other friends homes as well.
-C has fallen off of many things
-We have days in which only hot dogs have been eaten.
So….. What are some of your bad mom moments? I promise I won’t judge!